Guest Services Attendant
Guest services attendants provide service to guests at the main door or lobby of an accommodations property. They help with luggage, offer information, and generally endeavor to make each and every person’s stay a pleasant one. Work can be very fast-paced, especially during peak season, but extra effort may be rewarded with gratuities. Guest services attendants are often the eyes and ears of a property, as they are constantly moving around it, and often notice issues that need attending to.
- Provide guests with verbal or written information about the facilities, services, room choices and rates, and area attractions
- Make room reservations following established procedures, using computerized or manual systems
- Handle guest arrivals and departures
- Handle guest keys and mail
- Compile record sheets or log books, guest accounts, and vouchers
- Prepare bills and process payments
A professional attitude is required, as is an ability to work as a member of a team. Good communication skills, customer service skills, and an enjoyment of working with people are also necessary. Physical ability to lift and carry heavy suitcases and other items is necessary. Also requested might be good time management skills and knowledge of facility, services, and locale.
A secondary school diploma is preferred. Post-secondary training in tourism is advantageous.