Manager of Community Partnerships
Managers of community partnerships are responsible for building meaningful relationships within the community. This includes connecting with members of their team, tourists from around the world, and strategic business partners. Their goal is to create engagement, encourage travel to specific locations and activities, and meet the needs of the community—whether that’s through leading a team or working individually. They must be a customer service-driven, enthusiastic individual who values a fast-paced, constantly changing workplace. They should share a passion for people leadership, project planning, and most of all—travel.
- Reach out to community partners to help bring shared goals to fruition
- Create and nurture long-lasting relationships with stakeholders
- Assist in managing the organization’s communications (through social media, web, media releases, etc.)
- Secure sponsorships, grants, and other community funding
- Remain organized and customer service oriented in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Ability to travel to destinations to build relationships with others in the tourism sector
- Coordinate tourism-related events and projects as required
- Manage human resource functions such as hiring, training, performance reviews
Leadership experience and the ability to supervise internal teams is key to this position. The ideal candidate should have experience working in customer service and communicating with clients and partners. Candidates must be able to demonstrate an ability to juggle many projects at a time while maintaining accuracy and organization.
A post-secondary degree or diploma in public relations/communications, business/management, tourism management, or recreation and leisure services is considered an asset. A combination of a secondary school diploma and work experience may be considered.