Motor Coach Driver
Motor coach drivers operate sightseeing or tour buses, and transport passengers locally or over long distances. They have excellent driving records and are able to transport customers safely. They provide for the needs of passengers and offer information about the locale. They are employed by motor coach touring companies or work directly for resorts or hotels.
- Make routine checks of coach
- Greet customers, confirm destination, and take tickets
- Assist passengers on and off coach
- Drive passengers/goods to requested destination
- Practice defensive driving
- May provide tour commentary
- Provide information on locale, attractions, fares, etc.
- Record transactions and trip log
A valid operator’s licence is required for this position, as are four to five years of driving experience. Good health and physical fitness, tourism or customer service experience, and excellent communication skills are also necessary. Organizational and record-keeping skills are good to have, as is knowledge of destinations, routes, legislation, and regulations. A second language is also an asset.
A secondary school diploma is preferred. Training in first aid, CPR, defensive driving, basic auto mechanics, and customer service is useful.