Public Relations Assistant
Public relations assistants maintain positive relationships with media personnel, write copy for media reports, encourage good community relations, and respond to issues. A public relations assistant is creative and able to work despite pressure and deadlines. The goal is to promote the attraction to all those who might visit.
- Assist in developing public relations plans and programs
- Research, edit, and write news releases and copy for websites, social media, brochures, and other publications
- Arrange and conduct interviews
- Act as a spokesperson for the organization
- Coordinate production and distribution of print and electronic materials
Required skills for this position are good communication skills and time/project management skills. A public relations assistant must also have an outgoing and enthusiastic personality. Desired skills include the ability and knowledge to edit material, as well as experience in media relations, and document production and management.
Post-secondary training in public relations, communications, journalism, or other related discipline is required.